- I understand that participation in the 2021 Two Feet & A Heartbeat Charity Walk may involve walking on public roads and footpaths used by other traffic and I am aware of the hazards involved. In my judgement I/my child/my family/my team has/have sufficient competence and experience to participate in the event.
- During this event, I agree to abide by the relevant state road rules, obey the directions of course marshals and volunteers and walk with care and consideration of others on the roads and paths.
- In consideration of HeartKids Limited permitting me to enter and participate in the Two Feet & A Heartbeat Charity Walk on Sunday 17 October 2021 (or the date of the regional event I am participating in), and as a condition of such entry, I release HeartKids Limited, its servants and agents and their contractors, from all claims for injury, loss or damage of whatever kind I might suffer as a result of any acts or omissions whether negligent or otherwise of HeartKids Limited, its servants or agents and their contractors, in relation to the event.
- Safety precautions undertaken by organisers (such as COVID-19 restrictions, social distancing, hand sanitising, course supervision, walk safety briefings) are a service to me and other participants but are not a guarantee of safety.
- I understand that I am responsible for managing my own personal hygiene, social distancing and other procedures in line with COVID -19 restrictions and precautions put in place and communicated by the event organisers before and during the event.
- Stay at home in certain circumstances
I agree to undertake a reasonable assessment of my health status before attending the Event and will not attend the Event if:
a. I have experienced or exhibited any symptoms of COVID (including a fever or a temperature higher than 37.5 degrees, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose or loss of sense of smell) in the 14 days prior to, or on the day of the Event;
b. I am required to be in quarantine or isolation; or
c. I have been in contact (or suspect I have been in contact) with someone diagnosed with COVID in the 14 days prior to, or on the day of the Event.
- Refusal of entry and removal from Event
I acknowledge and agree that HeartKids Ltd. may refuse me entry to the Event or require me to leave any relevant venue for the Event in any of the following circumstances:
a. I refuse to comply with any COVID safety protocols or requirements notified to me by HeartKids Ltd;
b. I refuse to comply with any reasonable health and safety directions given by the Event Organisation;
c. I am exhibiting symptoms of COVID described in clause 6a, as notified to or as assessed by an Event Organisation;
d. an Event Organisation believes there is a risk that I may have or be carrying COVID; or
e. I am required to be in isolation as a result of COVID diagnosis or have been directed to be in quarantine because of close contact with a person with COVID.
f. I accept that in any of the above circumstances, my Entry Fee will not be refunded unless required by law.
- I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID through participation in the Event or by my attendance at any relevant venue for the Event, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and/or death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID at the Event or while present in any relevant venue for the Event may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including but not limited to the Event Organisation. I release and forever discharge the Event Organisation from any claim which I have or may have in respect of, or arising out of, being exposed to or being infected with COVID as a result of attending the Event or a venue for the Event.
- I agree that I may be contacted after the event should a participant test positive for COVID-19 after the event and COVID-19 tracing is required.
- I understand that if Two Feet and a Heartbeat is cancelled due to COVID-19 by the local health authorities, a virtual event will be made available to those who have registered and paid for that event. The registration fee will remain the same for the virtual event and will include socks and flag delivery.
- My registration is not transferable to another person, and my registration is non-refundable.
- An adult must accompany all children under the age of 16.
- I consent to receiving any medical treatment including ambulance transportation that the event organisers think necessary during or after the event.
- I consent to allow HeartKids Limited to share my personal/my child's, emergency and medical information that I have provided during this registration to a dedicated first aid officer for the Charity Walk only. Any incidents that may occur involving myself/my child at the event will be recorded by the contracted medical team and shared back with the HeartKids Limited event staff for safety purposes.
- I authorise the attending First Aid officer from our contracted medical service provider at the Charity Walk, to release the details of any injury sustained or incident occurring involving myself or my child, to the event organisers at HeartKids Limited. This information is to be used for any purposes deemed necessary to mitigate risk, HeartKids Limited may contact me about any aspect of the incident including my injuries. Any such release of medical information will be governed by the terms and conditions applicable to medical records under the Privacy Act 1988.
- I agree that if the event is cancelled or the event format and/or course is altered due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances or conditions and safety concerns outside the control of the event organiser, or if I do not participate in the event for any other reason, my entry fee shall be non-refundable.
- I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the event.
- I understand that the HeartKids Limited event route closes at 1:00pm on Sunday 17 October 2021 (or on the regional date I have registered for) and directional staff and signage may not be in place after this time.
- I/my child hereby gives HeartKids Limited and those acting with HeartKids Limited permission and the irrevocable right to use/or copyright images of me/my child, in all forms and media and in all manners including alterations and composite representations, to promote the event without restriction and compensation to the participant.
- a) I certify that I am 18 years or older and I have read this document and fully understand it. I agree to the above and I indemnify and will keep indemnified all people and corporations associated with the conduct of the event on the terms referred to.
b) I certify that I am 18 years or older and the parent or legal guardian of the participant. I have read this document and fully understand it. I agree to the above on behalf of my child and I indemnify and will keep indemnified all people and corporations associated with the conduct of the event on the terms referred to.